Benefits of working with us
At WaterAid, we encourage and empower you to be yourself at your very best, so you can use your talents and shape your own future.
As an individual, you will find yourself constantly learning and trying new things, all with the goal of transforming millions of lives around the world with clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
Read on to find out about the benefits you will receive if you work with WaterAid.
What we offer
Our full-time employees work 8 hours a day. We also offer a wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements.
You will be entitled for a maximum of 18 days of annual leave in a year, along with 12 casual leaves and 6 days of sick leave. Also, in case you work on a weekend or a public holiday, you are entitled to take time-off-in-lieu.
We offer a range of family-friendly policies that will support you to meet your family's needs, including:
- Enhanced maternity pay and leave. You will be entitled to 6.5 months or 26 weeks of full pay. Extended maternity leave is for a period of 3 months or 91 days with half salary. In addition to the medical insurance cover, maternity expenses of up to a maximum of INR 10,000 can be reimbursed by the organisation subject to presentation of bills and documents.
- Paternity leave is valid for ten working days with full pay.
- Enhanced adoption pay and leave. Women will be entitled to 4.5 months or 135 days of leave with full pay, while men are eligible for one month or 30 days of leave. You may also extent this to two months or 61 days of unpaid or additional adoption leave.
- You are also allowed to work from home (WFH) for 12 days in a year.
- The organisation will contract a corporate floater policy in a recognised insurance company for all employees. This would cover employees, spouse, children, and dependent parents at an annual cover of INR 5,00,000 for the family.
- The medical insurance user manual explains the process to be followed by employees in the event of hospitalisation and claims. More details can be obtained from the Human Resources function.
Personal accident insurance
All employees are covered under personal accident policy for a sum assured up to twenty times of basic salary (minimum cover INR 2,50,000) against death and disability.
We recognise the importance of investing in people and in our employees' continuous development so everyone can play a part in achieving our strategy while building their careers.
That is why we promote a culture of workplace learning where you can develop in your role and take advantage of a wide range of learning opportunities, enhancing your individual skills and talents.