In India, WaterAid has been working since 1986. We are an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials in ways that last can people change their lives for good.
Since 2016, the brand WaterAid in India is registered as Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (Jal Seva, a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (now referred to as Section 8 under the New Companies Act of 2013) holding an FCRA Registration #231661627. Jal Seva Charitable Foundation is an Associate Member of WaterAid International.
There are many ways to raise funds for WaterAid. As an individual, you can:
- Make an online donation: in your own name, in memory of a loved one, or in honour of someone you know.
- Set up a personal fundraising campaign where people can donate to WaterAid on your behalf if you are participating in a sponsored event or as an alternative to specials like birthdays, holidays or wedding gifts. To know more, click here.
- Organise a fundraising event at your school. Click here for further information.
- You can also encourage all your friends, family, co-workers and neighbours to support WaterAid too. To know more about our work, click here.
- Sign-up for our monthly e-newsletter and forward it to spread the word, create awareness about issues, build knowledge and supporters for the cause.
You can choose to donate to WaterAid India by using the following methods:
- Online: This is the easiest option. You can donate by using any credit or debit card. We currently are unable to accept donations through Amex and Diners card.
- By cheque/demand draft: For general donations, you can send a cheque or a demand draft in the name of:
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation
to the below address:
New Block RK Khanna Tennis Stadium,
DLTA Complex, 1, Africa Avenue,
New Delhi 110029
We accept online donations only in Indian rupees / INR. However, you can send us cheques or demand drafts in any currency. You can also donate via wire transfers. Please write to us at [email protected] for more details.
Please note that WaterAid does not accept donations in cash.
Yes. The donation pages of our website are hosted on ‘https’ – an application which protects data securely. When you visit the page asking for card details, the ‘https’ padlock symbol will appear in your web browser address bar to indicate that information being entered is secure. WaterAid also adheres to strict data protection protocols when processing supporters’.
For donations made online, you will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of donating. Within 15 working days, you will receive a tax receipt via email. For donations made by cheque or demand drafts, you will receive a receipt by email within 45 working days. If you do not receive either of these, please write to us at [email protected] and we will get back to you.
All donations made to WaterAid India are eligible for tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax.
We would love to hear from you and help answer any of your questions!
For general inquiries related to donations: write to us at [email protected]
If you would like to speak with someone over the phone you can give us a call at 011- 66124455. We are available from Monday to Friday, between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm IST.