WaterAid India (operating as Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (Jal Seva) registered as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (now referred to as Section 8 under the New Companies Act of 2013) holding an FCRA Registration #231661627) is committed to protecting your personal data.
- Notification of change of policy
- What are cookies?
- Types of cookies we use
- Google Analytics
- Third party cookies
- Changing your cookie preferences
1. Notification of change of policy
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer/ device. They allow information about your visit to be recorded, and enable websites to distinguish you from other users. Cookies can either be 'session' based, where they are deleted after each visit, or 'persistent', where the cookies last for a longer, defined period.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org .
Bywhen you visit the website you consent to cookies being stored on your computer/ mobile device in accordance with this policy.
4. Types of cookies we use
1. Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for you to move around the website and to use its features, e.g. to fill in donation forms.
2. Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you make use of the site, e.g. which pages you visit most. These cookies do not collect information that directly identifies you.
3. Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices made by you and enhance the features, e.g. setting language preferences. These cookies are also used to remember your preferences for a font size, or customisable parts of a web page.
4. Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits. This may also include your use of social media sites, e.g. Facebook, or how you interact with our website, which is then used to show you relevant content elsewhere on the internet. These may also be used to remarket to you.
We monitor how people use our website so we can improve it. If you visit our website, we may record information including:
- the areas of the website you visit
- the amount of time you spend on the site
- whether you are new to the site or have visited it before
- how you came to our website – for example, through an email link
- the type of device and browser you use
- how you use the website and the quality of your experience – for example, we may record a session or test different variations of a webpage to see how easy it is for you to find what you are looking for so we can improve the service.
6. Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, which is commonly used. This provides anonymous information about your use of the website to Google, which Google uses to evaluate your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
For more details please read Google’s Analytics overview.
You can always opt-out of Google Analytics cookies by using Google’s opt-out tool.
7. Third party cookies
Some cookies are not related to the WaterAid website. Some of our pages contain embedded content such as a YouTube video, Twitter feed, or Facebook likes, and you may receive cookies delivered from these websites. We do not govern the publication of third party cookies. To understand more about their cookies and privacy statements, please visit the relevant sites.
Some of our cookies will remind you about our work and how you can help after you have left the website. These are the targeting/advertising cookies we use. It is a useful tool for us to retain public awareness of our campaigns and how they can be supported.
8. Changing your cookie preferences
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
Policy last updated 1st March 2019